At ACRC, members gain access to cutting-edge research they can apply to today’s business challenges. Members are actively involved in the research selection process. Our focus is on solidification processing, light metals, ferrous and non-ferrous alloys, semi-solid processing and digital manufacturing. The work is carried out using simulation and models coupled with experiments.
Research Focus Areas
- Alloy development
- High entropy Al alloys
- Strengthening mechanisms in Al alloys without heat treatment
- Machine Learning and Deep Learning in metal casting
- Innovative thermal processing (cryogenic)
- Novel solidification Processes
- Friction stir processing, WAAM, He process, etc.
- High integrity casting
- Oxide control
- Digital manufacturing
- FEA constructs incorporating defects
Learn More about ACRC’s research projects.
- Research projects are member driven. Members submit and vote on proposed projects
- Oversight by an industry steering committee and focus group on each project assures project relevance and support for the researchers
- Three-Four projects are initiated each year
- Members have royalty-free IP rights to pre-competitive research
- Members have the option of supporting research projects outside the confines of the consortium
- ACRC also carries out large-scale projects funded by the federal government and/or foundations. These projects keep members informed about leading edge technologies.